More Pantry Cooking

Still cooking up loads of pantry goods.  My creative vegan juices are starting to flow when it comes to creating dinner.  Here is what I made the other day entirely of pantry food.

Green Pilaf


1 package Chicken flavor rice mix (think 'Rice a Roni')
1 can spinach, drained
1 can sweet peas, drained
1 can northern beans, drained and rinsed

Basically prepare the rice mix per instructions, but after pouring in the hot water, add the rest of the ingredients.  Yummmm.  A lovely, tasty, green pilaf

I actually drained the spinach and peas into my liquid measuring cup and then added enough hot water to it to reach the needed 2 cups for the rice.  I debated whether it was actually better or worse since there is salt added to all the canned stuff, but went for it since I am not a big salt eater typically, so I didn't think it was going to keel me over on the spot.

Also, if I had my druthers, I would use fresh spinach in the recipe as the canned spinach was a bit strong. (probably all that salt!)

Anyway, I have decided that northern beans are the next best thing to meat.
That didn't come out right.
I would actually prefer northern beans to a piece of chicken.
Delicious!

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Gotta go cook!  I'm working on a coconut-curry-with-garbanzo-and-cabbage-over-brown-rice dish.
Hey, I never claimed to be a foodie!  I'll call it what I want! *grin*


0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones