Home Made Raw Bars



I always loved Larabars and we used to buy them by the case at Costco where the cost broke down to only $1.25 each. (a bargain compared to other retailers at $2 a bar)

If you have ever read the ingredient list on one of them, it is fairly simple.  Here is the ingredient list for their Chocolate Coconut bar:
Dates
Almonds
Walnuts
Unsweetened Coconut
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

I thought, heck, I have all those ingredients.  I should try and make my own.  So I did.



They came out really good - totally yummy.  Hubby said they are better than Larabar.  Score!

Here is the recipe:
1 1/2 cups dates
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
very full 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes (I will be doubling the coconut in the next batch - not 'coconutty' enough for my taste)
4 Tbs. Navitas Naturals Raw Chocolate Powder

Put all ingredients in food processor.  Put a sheet of plastic wrap over the container before putting the lid back on.  This will keep the powder from shooting out the seams when you process it.  Process until the mixture starts to clump together on its own.  Take a muffin tin and first put in a square of plastic wrap.  Then press approximately 2 heaping tablespoons of the mix into the tin and press down flat.  Fold the remaining plastic wrap over the top of the bar.  This made 6 bars or treats, as I called them, since I opted not to do a bar shape.  Fill all the muffin wells and then put in the refrigerator to set.  Once they have set up, you can remove them from the tin and they are all wrapped up and ready to go!  I am keeping them in the fridge to keep them fresh.



Happy New Year!


1 comments:

  1. if you google larabar recipes, there are a lot of folks out there who have figured out different combos. I have always meant to try, but they don't really fit into the meal plan right now. Later, but yours look great!

     

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones