Craving Raw

There was a dessert that I always loved.  Used to show up at potlucks or picnics a lot.  It was made by mixing a package of pistachio pudding with whip cream, a can of crushed pineapple, nuts, and mini-marshmallows.

I made up a big bowl of fruit salad, and for some reason, probably the pineapple, this reminded me of that recipe.  Definitely as satisfying to eat and a whole lot more healthy for you!


Dessert Fruit Salad
1 lg. can crushed pineapple
2 apples, cut up into bite sized pieces
2 handfuls walnuts, chopped
1 handful raisins
Mix all together.  Sprinkle with some shredded coconut to serve.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a version of "Ambrosia". I craved that stuff non-stop when I was pregnant with my oldest. ;)

     
  2. You are right - I looked it up - it is close. Mandarin oranges in this would definitely be the icing on the cake!

     

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones