Blizzard Update

To start, here is a picture out my back door that I took about 11am this morning.  I can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow!




David didn't get done with work until 5pm and he was in Ames, about an hour and a half away, north of Des Moines.  I told him to give me a call when he got close and I would go open the garage door for him.  The spring broke on one side, so now we have to open it manually, and it's not the easiest to do because two of the wheels have popped out of the track.

The girls ate dinner and fell asleep so I decided to go out and shovel the walk to the garage and go ahead and open the garage door.  Good thing I did!



After a vigorous cardio workout, it looked like this:



David made it home safely by 7pm - thank you God for delivering my husband home safe and sound!  He almost got stuck on our road.  We have a big hill to come up and there is a curve at the top.  Apparently, a lot of snow drift there.  That would have been a miserable walk home!

Here are the road maps showing driving conditions.  You can see the change even from 8 to 9:30 this evening.  Red is the worst, with travel not advised.  Then pink is completely covered, orange is mostly covered, and yellow is partially covered.







Sleep well and warm tonight and....





0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones