No Poo (do I have your attention now?!)

I recently came across the "no poo" movement in reading blogs on the internet.  Seriously!  It is people who are giving up shampooing/conditioning their hair with traditional products.  I say that, because there is still an element of cleaning, but it is just far less than most people's normal routine.  The idea is that traditional hair products actually strip your hair of it's natural oils.  Then your body goes into overdrive to replenish, thus you have greasy hair and have to shampoo again...vicious circle. 

The alternative is to use a Tbs. of baking soda with a little water to make a paste and massage it on your scalp once a week.  You can follow with an apple cider vinegar rinse (1 Tbs vinegar to 1 cup water) in place of conditioner.  Google "no poo movement" and you will find all sorts of articles all with varying measurements.  I have decided to give this a try and see how it goes.  My hair was already a couple days past needing a wash, (you can get away with that in the country!) so I did the baking soda/vinegar rinse this morning.  I also used it to clean the girls hair.

Before - ewww!


After - looks good! and NO shampoo!


Cutie pie's hair looks clean too!



I looked at my blog and noticed that it is not putting in the spaces between my paragraphs.  Not sure what is going on with that.  I have tried going back and putting double spaces in my post, but when I publish - still no space.  If anyone knows what is up with that, I'm all ears!

Today we went to the Neil Smith Wildlife Refuge in Prairie City.  They are restoring the natural prairie habitat - a really cool project and great place to visit.  I would like to go back again sometime when David can come with us.   First we watched a short film about prairies, then we did a nature hike.  Next up was supposed to be seed collecting but Angelina was getting blisters on her heels so we skipped that part and went inside for the scavenger hunt.  They had a table with scrap paper where you could draw a picture of something that you had seen or learned that day.  I think the kids liked coloring pictures the best - at least they did it the longest!


















If only I had a real camera....sigh.  So many pictures that would have been perfect with our old camera, come out blurry with this one.  So frustrating.  But at least I get pictures - that is way better than nothing. :) 


After the field trip the girls went to their first dance class.  No pics of that - I was trying not to be a distraction for the girls.  But I did have a great time watching them for a little bit - they were having a great time.   Angelina was almost beside herself with joy.  All the girls were lined up on pink dots (tape on the floor) for the class.  Angelina kept going over and hugging on Trinity, then back onto her dot.  Guess she couldn't contain herself!  It was sweet. :)


Grace and peace be with you!

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones