A Blog Award; otherwise known as "Me, Really??"



I am truly surprised and humbled to have been given a blog award.  (You mean, someone actually reads this?! lol!)  And the really funny thing is it came from Michelle over at Girl Gone Granola, a fellow "Chick with chicks" that I would readily have bestowed this award on myself.  She definitely meets the qualifications for the Stiletto which are as follows:

I want to salute the women who balance life, family & relationships with style & class!  Those women who share their experiences with us…who encourage us, inspire us, teach us, make us laugh and basically keep us going!  You know who they are!   While you read this blog, your family is looking at you wondering what the heck you are laughing about so hard…or why the tissue is necessary for internet browsing.  It’s the one that the kids are excited about cuz a new post means a new craft project or family outing.  The one that inspires you to be a better mom, friend, person in general.  The one that reminds you that we are all “in this life together” and you’re not the only one going through the hard stuff.  The one that you secretly wish your blog was like…

Part of receiving this award, is passing it along to deserving women bloggers.  The "rules" say 5-10 others should be awarded, but I'm not much on rules of this sort.  To me it's like those emails that you get and tell you that you have to forward this to 10 people in the next 15 minutes or you will wake up tomorrow looking like Shrek.  I pretty much ignore those too. (and so far, I haven't turned into Shrek)   Time to pass on this award to some other women out there who are inspiring me on a regular basis.  I am passing along 3, count them 3, Stiletto awards.

First I have to bestow the Stiletto on Michawn at Michawn's Meanderings.  Michawn and I first met in a Bradley Method birth class when I was pregnant with my first and she was pregnant with her second child.  Since then, she and her family have gone on the mission field in Brazil.  Michawn blogs about their life as missionaries, raising their four children, and shares great insights.  And what would I ever do without my diva cup after she blogged about it and clued me in?!   ;)  Take the Stiletto and wear it proudly, friend!

Second I bestow the Stiletto on Katie for her blog The Journey.   (and reading it will take you on one!)  Katie is 20 years old and blogs about her life in Uganda as an adoptive mom to 14 girls and taking care of hundreds more.  If you haven't read Katie's blog, then this is a good post to start with to get an overview of how she got where she is today.  Getting a blog award is certainly the last concern on her mind, but given the criteria, there is no woman who deserves it more.  God bless you, Katie, and all your girls!

Last but not least on my list is Courtney at Women Living Well.  This blog is full of great biblically based encouragement for Christian women.  I love her honesty and heart for God and I constantly am finding just what I need in her archives or latest post.  I used to go to a bible study back in Arizona that was based on Titus 2:3-5, where the more experienced Christian ladies came alongside those of us still trying to figure it all out.  To me, reading Courtney's blog is just like that - having a sister in Christ come along side with wisdom.  Keep inspiring us, Courtney!

There you have it - three great blogs to check out - and 3 ministries to pray for. (I know the correct grammar would be "3 ministries for which to pray" so that I'm not ending a sentence in a preposition, but boy, doesn't that sound stuffy??)  Read them, pray for them, and be blessed by them.


1 comments:

  1. Good morning, Amy!

    I know I always enjoy your blogs and think they are great, but then, I'm your mother!! So nice to see that others appreciate you as well.

    Congratulations!! I think this is a well deserved reward.

    Love you! Mother

     

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones