To Weigh or Not to Weigh - That is the Question

I was trying to decide it I should weigh myself this morning.  I really debated whether or not to do it.  After all, I am trying to change my eating habits for health reasons, not necessarily for losing weight. (although, I am wanting to do that too!)

This was the conversation I had in my head before the shower:
"I probably haven't lost any weight, after all, I have only been eating vegan for 2 days.  Over the weekend we had David's birthday with cake and pizza and I've been eating cake every day since then.  I could really set myself up for disappointment if I weigh now.  But...

...if I see any weight loss, even just one pound, it could also strengthen my resolve...

...no, I'm going to do it.  This isn't about weight - it's about getting healthy and taking care of myself.  I can always weigh later when I start to feel the difference."

And with that, I got in the shower, resolved not to weigh myself, at the very least, for another week.

When I got out of the shower and dried off, I threw all caution to the wind and hopped on the scale.

I've lost 5 pounds.
Unbelievable.
I'm still in shock.


0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones