Happy Healthy Breakfast Recipe

Let me start by saying that I am very picky about my raw food recipes.  They must be easy to make and delicious or I am just not going to bother. (except for Juliano's raw carrot cake recipe, which is time consuming but soooo worth it!)

I finally have a raw breakfast cereal that fits my standards.  I love it!
So do the girls...

She took the whole mixing bowl and finished it off!

I call this easy breakfast Blueberry Cereal.  This is an adaptation of Marvelous Muesli from The Complete Book of Raw Food.  Here is how I make it.  Bear in mind, I don't typically measure anything - I eyeball it!

In mixing bowl, dice 1 apple and 1 banana.  Mix in about 1/4 - 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries. (the frozen turn the cereal a nice purple color as they defrost, which the girls enjoy)  Add 1 or 2 handfuls of raisins.  In food processor or high power blender chop 1 handful almonds and 1 handful walnuts.  The almonds come out in small chunks and the walnuts come out finely chopped which makes a nice blend for the cereal.  Stir well.


This makes enough for me and the girls for breakfast.  For the whole family to enjoy for breakfast, I just add another 1/2 apple and banana and go a little heavier on the other ingredients.  You could easily substitute other nuts or berries.  Yummy and filling!  









2 comments:

  1. sounds yummy! thanks for sharing.

     
  2. That was great! Thanks for sharing.

     

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones