God is Moving

God is speaking to both David and I about a new/old direction. I love how God does that. He talks to both of us in different places, in different ways, and we come together and find we have the same message. At this point I don't wish to reveal too much. I have two trusted sisters in Christ that are praying for us about it specifically. But I would ask for prayer for us in general, that we would trust in God completely, be sensitive to hearing Him speak and faithful to act in His will.

Now that we have highspeed internet, I have been able to add music. I hope you enjoy the tunage. :) Here is a song that I couldn't add to my playlist but I LOVE this song. It's called The Motions by Matthew West.

This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything, instead of going through the motions?"

No regrets, not this time
I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love make me whole
I think I'm finally feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of this life

'Cause I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything instead of going through the motions?"


That song speaks my heart right now. I don't want to just settle for the status quo. Our culture, our lifestyle here in America can just numb us to God's plan for our lives. It is so easy to just go through the motions...do what we do 'cause that is what everyone does. We take so much for granted, or worse, we don't give thanks to God for His provision because we don't see it as coming from him. We have become self-sufficient....we don't need God. (or so we think!)

Today's Oswald Chambers devotion spoke of this. The verse today was Matthew 5:3, "Blessed are the poor in spirit." He writes:

"If I know I have no strength of will, no nobility of disposition, then Jesus says - Blessed are you, because it is through this poverty that I enter His Kingdom. I cannot enter His Kingdom as a good man or woman, I can only enter it as a complete pauper."

How often I go through my days without depending on the Lord for anything - when the truth is I am completely dependent on Him for everything. I want to live in constant recognition that every breath, every heartbeat, is in His hands. I don't want the status quo. I want total dependency and I won't be satisfied with less.


Grace and peace be with you!

1 comments:

  1. Amy, so encouraging!! Just love how I can feel your emotions and your cry out for the Lord through your words. Wow, I need more Jesus!!

     

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones