Grace Mail

I am reprinting the grace mail from Calvary Community Church for the day - I thought it was a particularly good reminder for all of us!


“This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God's weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength.” 1 Corinthians 1:25
Our usefulness to God and for God is not derived from our abilities, but upon God’s power!

When God wanted to choose a couple to be the founders of a mighty nation, whom did He choose? Significantly, not Mr. & Mrs. Fertility, but Abram and Sarai, a childless couple, struggling with infertility issues.

When God wanted to deliver His chosen people from Egyptian slavery He didn’t pick someone from Pharaoh’s palace, that’s what we would have done. Instead He chose an 80 year-old fugitive! Moses was looking after sheep in the wilderness.

Another God-pick was David. When God chose David to be Israel’s second king He passed over all those “most likely to succeed” and anointed the youngest son of Jesse, a boy who was tending sheep, a boy whom his family even forgot they had! [1 Samuel 16].

Are you beginning to get the idea that God’s way isn’t our way. He doesn’t think like we think, He sees potential in the impossible and advantage in weakness. God loves to work in ways and through people who, in their very use, bring Him glory!

“Father, I’m going to stop thinking of why you can’t use me to serve you. I give you the things that I think disqualify me or make me the least likely to succeed. I’m available, I’d do anything I knew you were asking me to do. In Jesus’ good name I pray. AMEN!”


0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones